Full/Half Day Workshops
Dynamic experiential workshops – no nonsense delivery.
Aimed at everyone directly responsible for participant safety and risk management Guaranteed to:
- Raise awareness levels (on negligence liability)
- Teach risk management planning skills
- Deliver the tools and resources to effectively plan
Workbook provided to each participant.
- Develop knowledge – of what constitutes negligence in the sport and recreation setting.
- Develop skills – in Risk Management planning
Who Should Attend?
- Professionals directly responsible for participant safety in colleges, universities, parks & recreation, schools and/or private clubs
- Facility managers
- Fitness and sport/activity instructors
- Outdoor recreation specialists
- Aquatics personnel
- Teachers, principals, school board members
- Senior administration in sport & recreation organizations
- Fast paced, no-nonsense delivery
- Small group interactive work sessions
- Accompanying workbook maximizes instructor interaction
- Problem-solving sessions use and capitalize on groups collective experience
- ‘You’re The Jury’ – a unique simulated courtroom learning experience
- Planning sessions directly address each participant’s unique situation
a) Fundamentals of Negligence Liability – simply explained
- Establishing Negligence – how is this done in the courts?
- Liability for Negligence – who will be held liable for any negligence?
- Defences against Negligence – how can defendant escape liability?
b) Risk Management Planning – using a proven, easy-to-follow process
- Identifies the 5 Key Risk Areas for sport and recreation
- The Risk Management Planning Process – based on identified high risk areas
- Risk Management Implementation – how do you get going? – getting over that overwhelmed feeling
- Risk Management Resources – to help your planning efforts
- Delivered on-site to all levels of facility and program staff within a single organization
- Special Professional Development workshop for teachers, coaches, sport and recreation administrators.
- Pre or post conference 1 Day workshop
- Sport/Recreation Associations – special 1 Day workshop