Strategic Risk Management
An Advanced Course
Robin Bowman: President, SportRisk
Dr. Ian McGregor: Founder, SportRisk
Who is Course aimed at?
Designed exclusively for those schools taking proactive steps towards formalizing the role of a department ‘Risk Manager’ or Chair of the Risk Management Committee, the course is aimed at the professional staff member who has been (or will be) asked to assume this role, on a full- or part-time basis.
The primary goal of the course is to provide the Risk Manager with the tools and leadership skills needed to successfully lead and champion risk management within their department.
As a follow-up to the introductory Risk Management for Recreation Professionals class, this course is designed to take your department’s risk management efforts to the next level. Focusing on teaching the skills needed to develop, coordinate and lead a comprehensive risk management plan for the department, the course will also train participants on how to position themselves as the Risk Manager – both internally within the department and externally within the University setting.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Skills needed to assume risk management leadership role in the department
- Strategies to entrench risk management within Recreation staff
- A simple, comprehensive and doable risk management plan
- A highly functional Risk Management Committee
- An effective and sustainable risk management training plan
- The importance of ‘Strategic’ and ‘Enterprise’ Risk Management
- What leadership in Risk Management entails
- How Campus Recreation can become campus leaders in risk management
This course is designed to be completed over 8 weeks.
Course work and assignments should take approximately 4-5 hours per week.
- Online format means students work at their own speed, in their own time
- Webinars used to deliver online ‘lectures’ – also incorporate student Q&A
- Class enrollment limited to 8 participants to maximize interaction
- Course participants will establish a network with colleagues from across N. America
- Results-oriented assignments are based on real department situations
- Certificate of Completion issued to all participants who successfully complete the course.
SportRisk: Risk Management Planning Resource by Dr. Ian McGregor.
- Risk Management for Recreation Professionals (Introductory Online Course), or appropriate experience and background in Risk Management.
- There must be a Risk Management Committee in place prior to start of course.
- Your Director’s approval.
Date: October 17 – December 9, 2022
To Register: click ‘Add to Cart’ and pay through PayPal.
Fee: $755 USD
To get more information, contact
Robin Bowman: firstname.lastname@example.org