Robin Bowman: Senior Associate, SportRisk
Course Fee: $550 USD
Concussions are one of the most common injuries in sports and recreation, with 1.6 to 3.8 million instances per year in the United States alone. In the field of campus recreation, the question is not ‘if’ a concussion is going to occur, but ‘when’.
This online course will help you understand concussions, assemble a concussion care team and develop a concussion plan for your department. Special attention will be paid to the development of a concussion training plan i.e. concussion education & awareness; how to recognize potential concussions; and what to do if an injury is suspected. We’ll also highlight the importance of having good concussion protocols in place.
The SportRisk ‘Concussion Management’ course will help campus recreation professionals create a concussion plan for their department that includes education, recognition & response, and criteria for return to participation. The course is appropriate for professionals at any stage of their career, but especially those tasked with creating a concussion plan for their department. Participants will complete the SportRisk Concussions Best Practices Audit during the first week of the class (included in course registration).
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will:
1. Know how their department’s concussion plan compares to industry best practices.
2. Know what concussions are, how they are caused, and common signs & symptoms.
3. Be familiar with concussion sideline assessment tools used by medical staff and lay responders.
4. Develop a concussion care team.
5. Create a concussion plan.
This is a 5-week course. Course work and assignments should take approximately 5-7 hours per week.
- Course fee includes Concussions Best Practices Audit
- Online format means students work at their own speed, in their own time
- Videos used to deliver online lectures
- Small class size maximizes class interactions
- Course participants establish a network with colleagues from across North America
- Results-oriented assignments are based on real events
- ‘Certificate of Completion’ issued to all participants who successfully complete the course.
Who is Course aimed at?
The course is aimed at campus recreation staff who are creating or updating their department’s concussion plan.
Maximum course registration: 16
Course Dates: March 2-April 3, 2020
Register now to secure your spot.
To register: click on ‘Add to Cart’ and pay for the course through PayPal.
Course Fee: $550 USD
To get more information contact Robin Bowman directly at email@example.com