Best Practices Development Methodology
- Each Best Practices survey was developed, vetted, reviewed and tested by multiple experts in the appropriate field.
- Surveys were administered through SurveyMonkey, and survey data analyzed using a specially designed database.
- Surveys were developed as a series of statements e.g. ‘The Weight Room is supervised at all times’.
- Staff members completing the surveys have three response options for all Best Practice statements, and a ‘response value’ is assigned to each response:
2: ‘Currently doing this’
1: ‘Plan to do this’
0: ‘Not planning to do this’
- Each Best Practice statement is assigned a ‘weight factor’ using a 3, 2, 1 scale to reflect their relative importance.
2: Very important
- A score for each Best Practice statement is determined by multiplying the ‘response value’ and the ‘weight factor’ (e.g. a ‘currently doing this’ response (2) coupled with a ‘critical’ weight factor (3) scored a total of 2×3 = 6).
- Using these calculations, a ‘Category Score’ is calculated for each category (staffing, supervision etc.) within each survey.
- A ‘Total Score’ for each Best Practice area is obtained by adding the scores from all Categories.